DRAFT – Proposal – Holiday Giveaway (LINKSGIVING) Marketing Campaign
Abstract/Executive Summary :
This proposal is to requisition 10.1 YFL from the treasury towards marketing the LINKSWAP launch with holiday-themed content and an NFT giveaway during launch week.
LINKSWAP’s launch will be a huge milestone for YFL, which coincides with one of the biggest holidays in the USA, Thanksgiving. In the spirit of these two events, YFL will randomly give away a total of 7 YFL-backed NFTs to encourage network participation during LINKSWAP’s launch.
Additionally, as a LINK-native project, it only makes sense to make this an bigger event by having one of the first giveaways utilizing Chainlink’s VRF function. This will accomplish a few goals:
- Ensure that the giveaway is verifiably random and fair (similar theme to RugLock)
- Receive attention from the Chainlink team as a LINK-tech leader
- Boost awareness among the LINK community as the leading LINK-driven project
- Drive real user traffic on the LINKSWAP platform
The aim is that this initiative coupled with the current launch incentives will lead to a massively successful launch of LINKSWAP.
- Contestants need to connect their wallet with LINKSWAP and use the platform in one of these two ways:
- Submit a transaction
- Provide Liquidity in one of the launch pools
- Team 02 (or 3rd party Dev if needed) will build a Smart Contract that pulls all unique addresses from LINKSWAP and assigns them a lottery number.
- At the end of “LINKSGIVING” (11/30/2020), the SmartContract would pick numbers using the VRF and randomly award them one of 7 YFL-backed LINKSGIVING NFTs.
This achieves the goal of facilitating usage of LINKSWAP without simply giving out tokens to all users.
More details about the Chainlink Lottery VRF can be read here: https://blog.chain.link/how-to-build-a-blockchain-lottery-2/
PoolTogether V3 Documentation: https://docs.pooltogether.com/
The marketing content will consist of:
- Social Posts with LINKSGIVING Memes
- Medium article announcing and outlining giveaway
- Header image on LINKSWAP
- PR Outreach showcasing LINKSWAP as an early adopter of Chainlink VRF
Request for a total of 5.5 YFL for the LINKSWAP marketing treasury and the remaining 5.1 YFL from the treasury to be disbursed within 3 days of passage of this proposal to address, which will be under this author’s (@JohnLambo’s) control. The funds will be allocated as follows:
- 7 YFL for giveaway of YFL-backed NFTs (one per address/randomly-selected winner)
- 1 YFL to @JohnLambo as compensation for creating the campaign, content and coordinating/executing
- 1 YFL distributed to Team 02 or Dev for creating Chainlink VRF giveaway
- 1 YFL for NFT creation (artist TBD)
- 0.1 YFL for Gas fees
Content will be submitted for review and approval to the marketing team before funds are released. Spending of any funds from this address will be communicated beforehand to the YFL community on Discord and will be subject to scrutiny. The funds will be available to spend for a period of two weeks after passage of this proposal, after which the remaining amount will be returned to the treasury.
The main hurdle to overcome would be timing. It will need to be determined amongst the team if it is feasible to execute the above plan (primarily the Smart Contract/VRF Lottery portion) by the LINKSWAP launch.
If it is determined that the above is not possible, @JohnLambo will
- Revise this proposal attempting to still have a launch/holiday marketing campaign, with reduced scope and costs.
- Re-purpose the original proposal, content and resubmit another future proposal to fit the upcoming holiday season (already dubbed LINKSMAS).
Approve the allocation of funds to the LINKSWAP marketing campaign as outlined above
Reject the allocation of funds to the LINKSWAP marketing campaign as outlined above
Thank you for your consideration and looking forward to hearing from the community.