Abstract/Executive Summary :
This proposal reverts the Linkswap protocol fee disbursement & restructuring plans introduced in Proposal 21, and bids LinkPad godspeed on it’s independence of YF Link, renouncing any ownership/claims/expectations from YF Link to LinkPad.
Additionally, this proposal reverts plans of directing revenue towards the LinkPad fund by any other YF Link ecosystem products.
LinkPad was originally planned to be under YF Link governance control. The LinkPad fund was originally planned to be continuously replenished by a portion of Linkswap protocol fees. LinkPad was originally planned to be an integral part of the YF Link ecosystem.
None of these original plans have been realized in their original visions. On the contrary, LinkPad has grown independent of YF Link, and has become uncontrollable by YF Link. This is causing confusion in the community, and is causing legal complications to both LinkPad and YF Link.
The benefit of passing this proposal would be the resolution of those confusions and legal complications.
The nature of this proposal would be more of an acknowledgement of the state of things, rather than a call to actually change anything.
The effects stepping into action upon passing of this proposal are threefold:
(1) Cancellation of the plans to restructure the protocol fee disbursement of Linkswap as described by proposal 21.
Upon passing of this proposal, the plan to direct 10% of Linkswap protocol fee revenue to the LinkPad fund will be cancelled. The current status quo will be ratified as the plan forwards, namely to keep the Linkswap protocol fee allocation as follows:
- 80% to YFL-LINKSWAP Governance Vault stakers.
- 20% to YFL Treasury.
(2) Remove the LinkPad fund as a recipient of revenue streams by other YF Link ecosystem products.
Upon passing of this proposal, the core team is given a mandate to restructure the revenue stream allocations of other YF Link ecosystem products, as they see fit, so that the products will no longer direct funds to the LinkPad fund. The affected products include LINKCHECK, LINKLEND, SPROUT and any other YF Link ecosystem product that might have been planning to direct funds towards the LinkPad fund.
(3) Renouncing any social contracts between YF Link & LinkPad.
Upon the passing of this proposal, following statements will be acknowledged and recognized as true by YF Link.
- LinkPad will no longer be listed as a product of YF Link.
- LinkPad will no longer be listed to be part of the YF Link ecosystem.
- LinkPad will have full ownership and claim over the “LinkPad” name, logo, and other LinkPad brand assets such as the mascot, twitter account, etc…
- YF Link governance will no longer hold any commanding power over LinkPad.
- YF Link will owe LinkPad nothing.
- LinkPad will owe YF Link nothing.
- Any legal entities associated with LinkPad will no longer have any legal association with YF Link.
- Any legal entities associated with YF Link will no longer have any legal association with LinkPad.
Voting Options :
For: Follow the proposal specification and bid farewell & godspeed to LinkPad.
Against: No changes to current plans.